Next week Wyatt will be a big brother! Hard to believe! I have been able to hang out with him more then usual so his mama can go to doctor appts.... I don't mind! This is how he wakes up in the morning... If we all did, there would be no need for coffee!
My brother Joel, sister in law Laura, Kathy, Jeremy , Wyatt, Chris and I helped Mom celebrate her 78th birthday. She had good moments, and sad moments. Alzheimer is an awful disease. she is being given excellent care and we can ask for nothing more.
Chris and I were in the mood for shrimp and grits . Unfortunately they are not in the budget...and nowhere local has it. why did I never investigate how easy this southern dish was to make.... where have I been??
My Dad in law had given us a bag of grits from Julia's Pantry to try... I give these 2 thumbs up.... go get you some!
and because we have the new grandbabe making an appearance next week, I worked to finish this crocheted stuffie! It turned out so cute that I am going to make a couple more for a few other babies in my life!
Continue to pray for my Mom in law. This last infusion was a bit harder to shake. Also pray for my daughter in law Kathy as she prepares this week for the new baby.
Bunnies for the grands, and the sad looking one in the middle is for me... I was losing steam... and my thumb hurt... This pattern was easy, loved the Lambs Pride wool... Thank you Alicia for this kit....
These dish towel bunnies are so fun to make! Thanks to Mimi's Mixed Bag for the tutorial... nothing left to do then to stuff the baskets and deliver!
Wednesday, thanks to my son Jeremy I was able to ride out a tornado with 3 of my now closest friends. He called and said get in the bathroom super cell.... I grabbed the ladies from the beauty shop and hustled them into our bathroom at the shoppe. Fortunately for us it passed over head, unfortunately for the farmers 4 miles away it touched down. This is the scene from one of our customers dairy farm. We continue to help as a community and pray for everyone affected.
2. I received my pattern and yarn order from Posie Gets Cozy I was so excited to get started on the bunnies to add to the boy's Easter baskets!
3. I spent the weekend kissing and snuggling this cutie! Not only did I get tons of sweet snuggles.... but delicious food compliments of my eldest son....country cooking at a diner, homemade pizza, homemade waffles..the list goes on... I LOVED shopping with him for ingredients and learning of flavors. AND...
4. Shopping with my daughter in law Emily. we had a great time choosing frames, looking, talking... a great shopping day!
5. While I was gone eating, shopping and snuggling, the best husband in the world was at home finsihing up the guest room/ craft room here is a post from the Leacris Farm page..
Feb 20: Install, stain, and 3 coat poly 25 sq ft of flooring in old main bedroom. Feb 23: install and stain 60 sq ft of flooring in old main bedroom. Feb 24: install and stain remainder of flooring in old main bedroom. Feb 26: Two coats poly on entire new floor in old main bedroom.
He also worked until late on the 27th to make sure the floor was complete before I got home on the 28th.
Our family still treasures your prayers for the health and other needs of our extended family. We know that no matter what, God's Grace is sufficient..
Listing 5 things happens to be so good for me. When you are the caretaker for someone with dementia, its sometimes hard to see the things you are loving... this disease is so crazy! I am literally every day coming in on a wing and a prayer. Not only is there the stress of caring for a loved one like this, but the grief also. Those moments when you have to teach your very intelligent mother how to eat pizza... grief...
But, I do find those moments when I love something, and I am more keenly aware I think not only to the goodness , but where my goodness comes from!
When I am multitasking it is so good to have the Bible " read" to me. I can stop and pause,resume... its great to be able to stay on task with my Bible reading.
My fairy garden.. Jamie , Emily and Jacob gave me a few pieces for my garden, and I ordered a few more. I like to decorate with the seasons so I added a snowman and some toadstools with hearts. I love it!
My crochet this week. 2 hats and a " lovey" for the newest grand due in May. I am so thankful for this stress breaker. My hook is the first thing I grab in the evenings after I get Mom settled in.
...and this mug my friend Angie bought me for Christmas. It goes everywhere with me. I wish I could say I kept water in it always... but ahem... you know me and sweet tea!
A 2 hour lunch with my MIL today, at my favorite place to eat... so fun!.. This picture has nothing to do with our lunch.... but I know she will laugh when she sees it!
What are you loving this week?
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. Galatians 5:16
what a trying week this past has been. Any time I have to find a new groove and my old groove is rattled, I get off kilter. Unfortunately my Mom is the same way... so two folks whose personalities crave sameness... one with dementia, one who has never cared for an elderly person with dementia, add and extra dog in the mix.... well... you get my drift...
1. We gave Vika a journaling Bible for Christmas this past year and in it was a Bible reading plan. Chris, Christopher, Vika and I decided to read the Bible thru this year together. Our conversations and the daily feeding of ourselves with the WORD has been a strong encouragement as each of us are in a season of challenge.
2. This snowman mug was a gift from Jeremy , Kathy and Wyatt, along with a crochet bag and a beautiful set of crochet hooks. The neat thing about little shovel in the handle is it comes out...and is a perfect place to rest my crochet hook while I take a sip of tea! I have been crocheting a bunch lately...and Vika and Christopher rounded up the crochet goodness with a yarn bowl.
I love it! Hooking happily away!
3. ..and a cuppa comfort
Jamie, Emily and Jake gifted me these wonderful teas... I have been enjoying a special cup when I need a boost.
4. Hello Fresh. This is a weekly box for ingredients to prepare 3 meals that are unique and healthy. I LOVE trying new recipes , its something I really enjoy, new taste combinations, fresh herbs, but in this season a trip to the grocery for those ingredients is hard to do...so every Thursday Hello Fresh delivers everything I need for those three meals. I have so much fun following the recipes and creating new dishes.
I have a coupon code for 40.00 your first box if you would like to try. The click here and you can read all about it and the code is st.
When Mom moved in we signed up for basic cable so she could watch her shows. We rarely if ever watch TV, but lately, after we have given mom her evening ice cream and made sure she was settled in bed, we relax by watching this show. It has been a great stress buster to walk away from the computers and just visit with each other talking about the show and unwinding for the day...
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
Considering all things, adding one Mom and one dog to the household hasn't been that tough. Trying at times.... lots of prayer, reading up on dementia and applying different things ... its a horrible disease...
Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.
While I am in this season of life, my down time focus tends to lean towards crochet.... the rhythm...the joy of seeing something become... Especially since Jeremy, Kathy and Wyatt gifted me new hooks, a crochet bag, and my own mug with crochet hook holder!
My inlaws gifted me money for Christmas..and one small thing I purchased was some merino wool... I made these mitts ( pattern faded lace mitts) with Cascade Farms Heritage Print. I could just wrap myself in this yarn and seriously feel a scarf coming on.